The Lounge > How To Build Muscle >
10 signs that you are over-training
How you can spot them early on and continue to build muscles...
If you are over training, you won’t build as much muscles, you are likely to get ill and you may even lose muscle mass. Below are some easy ways to spot if you are over training or not. The earliest you can spot them, the more you can do…
- Losing motivation – If you don’t feel like going to the gym, it can be down to a few things such as not having clear goals, not eating enough carbohydrates, not having enough male hormones and very possibly, over training.
- Feeling run down – If you are over training, you can quite quickly feel ill. It is best to lay off training for a few days until you feel yourself again.
- Losing muscle mass – This can be due to lack of protein, not eating enough or over training. If you are over training, then your body will start looking for energy and a good source is your own muscles!
- Putting on weight – It is a strange thing but if you over-train, your body can start producing more of the stress hormone Cortisol, which stores fat!
- Aches and pains – This is the most “common” sign of over-training. If you don’t give your body enough time to rest between training sessions and you feel your muscles aching, then you are over-training. It’s best to let them rest or split your routine, training different parts on different days.
- Feeling moody – Very often, if you are over training and not giving your body time to rest, you will feel moody and irritated. This is a sure sign of over-doing it.
- Feeling more hungry – The body has an amazing way of monitoring itself. You may well be on a strict eating regime, but if your body starts craving more foods, then feed it! Chances are, especially if you are doing heavy training, that you need it!
- Feeling weak – Another absolute certain way of your body telling you that you are over doing it is feeling weak. If you go to the gym and you are weaker than the last time, then you can be sure that you are over-trained and need to rest more.
- Not getting bigger – Not getting bigger can be due to a number of things such as diet and your actual training. However, if you are over training, then your body will be too concerned with preserving itself than building new muscles.
- Feeling more sleepy than normal – If you are over training, your body will ask for more time to sleep to compensate. Pay attention to this as you may well have to set some time aside for extra sleep!
There you have it. 10 sure signs of over training. If you are over training, you will not build muscles and your body will not be operating at 100% efficiency. Look out for the signs, address them as soon as possible and get back on track! If you feel you are over-traing, then you can supplement with LA Whey
to repair your muscles fast and Explosive Creatine
to super-charge your training and build more muscles.