Commonwealth Benchpress Championships- Gold Winner (105kg bodyweight class)
Martin has been lifting for some 16 years. He has been lifting internationally for Great Britain in Bench Pressing and Powerlifting for the last 11 years.
Check out Martin's credentials below:
- Multiple British U23 Powerlifting Champion (BWLA)
- 8 x British Benchpress Champion (BWLA) - British Weightlifting Association
- 3 x European Benchpress Champion (WDFPF) - World Drug Free Powerlifting Federation
- 2 x World Benchpress Champion (WDFPF)
- Gold Medal at the European Bench Press Championships in Italy(Fagnano Olona, Varese) 12-14 May 2006
- British Bench Press Championships- July 2006- came 1st, lifted 210kg at the first attempt
- Current British, European and World Bench Press Champion (WDFPF)
- British and European Record Holder in the 90kg bodyweight class (WDFPF).
- Current World Record Holder (WDFPF) with 216kg
- Current holder of the Champion of Champions award (Best Lifter) at the British, European and World Championships (WDFPF).
- Qualified National Powerlifting Referee
- England Powerlifting Manager for the Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships (BWLA)
- Qualified Powerlifting Coach (only 10 in the UK) - BWLA.
- Qualified Weightlifting Instructor
- BWLA British Bench Press Championships winner (100kg class with a 240kg lift)- this is Martin's 9th BWLA title.
- BDFPA British Bench Press Championships Winner- 15th July 2007, Bradford. Also won the Best Lifter of the competition award.
- 15th July 2007- breaks the British Bench Press record by benching 240kg at the BDFPA Championships
- Competed in the BWLA South Midlands Bench Press Championships. He lifted in the unequipped (without bench shirt) 100kg bodyweight class and won by lifting 190kg and this qualifies him for the British Unequipped Bench Press Championships as the qualification lift is 135kg. Martin usually specialises in the equipped but doesn't need to re-qualify with a shirt as he's the current British Champion by lifting 240kg.
- Entered the British Bench Press Championships (BWLA) in Birmingham- lifted in the 100kg bodyweight class and won it with the opening lift of 235kg.
- Won the British Bench Press Championship on 9th March 2008.
- Competed in the IPF World Bench Press Championships in Prague, where he placed 6th in the 100kg bodyweight class by lifting 245kg's
- British Single Lifts Championships, Bradford- 1st in 100kg bodyweight class & Overall Best Lifter
- WDFPF World Bench Press Championships - Won the 100kg class with a loft of 245kg and increased his existing British Record by 5kg
- 18th December 2011- Commonwealth Benchpress Championships- Gold Winner (105kg Body weight Class)
Martin says: "I would like to thank you all for support. I honestly believe without your supplements I wouldn't be able to achieve the above..."
LA Muscle is proud to sponsor such an accomplished champion.