Easy and healthy warm spinach, shallot and baby beetroot salad is a popular dish with vegetarians. Join in with the green gourmets to discover the joys of "rabbit food".
Serves 4 as a main course or 6 as a starter or accompaniment
Ready in 1 hour
33.2g fat (3.9g saturated)
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Bunch of small raw beetroots, leaves reserved to serve
4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
75g walnut pieces
350g baby spinach, washed and dried
2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed and thinly sliced
For the pink peppercorn dressing
1 tsp dried pink peppercorns
1 tbsp cider vinegar
5 tbsp medium olive oil
Method: How to make warm spinach salad
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/fan170C/gas 5. Toss the shallots with half the oil and a sprinkling of sea salt in a roasting tin and roast for 30 minutes.
If you can't find raw beetroot, use cooked baby beetroots (not in vinegar) and just add to the roasting tin with the walnuts.
2. Meanwhile, put the beetroots into a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until just cooked, then drain and pop out of their skins.
3. After 30 minutes, add the garlic to the roasting shallots, drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil and roast for a further 10 minutes. Add the beetroots and walnuts, toss to coat in the oil and roast until the garlic is golden – a further 5-10 minutes.
4. Put the spinach in a large salad bowl and scatter with the fennel.
5. To make the dressing, crush the peppercorns and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and mix in the vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil a little at a time.
6. Spoon the shallots, garlic, walnuts and beetroots onto the spinach and fennel, and pour over the dressing. Add the beetroot leaves, toss everything well and serve warm.
A quick #drive in the #ferrariff to see the incredible #spec #brandnew #mclaren675lt at @couttsautomobiles. Full #video #comingsoon #carvideo#carvideos#instacar#instacars#carsofinstagram#carstagram#carporn#mclaren#675lt#supercar#supercars#supercarsoflondon#hypercar#hypercars#fastcarfastcars#luxury#luxurycars#lamuscld @la_muscle #mclaren675ltspyder