Pre-contest diet plan
18 January 2009
Competition dieting seems to be a tricky area and many people email LA Muscle asking about what should be eaten before a competition to get rid of body fat and to get ripped.
The truth is that everyone has a different plan and no body builder's plan is the same as another. Most body builders start their cutting phase about 6-8 weeks out from a competition. Although if one is holding a great deal of body fat, it is probably better to start off earlier.
These are DAILY meals.
- Meal 1 - 6 egg whites + 1 banana + 1 serving LA Whey or Bio_Activator protein shake
- Meal 2 - 1 chicken breast with green beans + 1 medium potato with black pepper
- Meal 3 - 1 chicken breast with green beans + 1 medium potato with black pepper
- Meal 4 – 1 banana (small) + LA Whey protein shake
- Meal 5 – White fish (cod) + 1 medium potato with green beans + black pepper
- Meal 6 – 1 banana (small) + LA Whey protein shake
- Meal 7 – 1 x large chicken breast with green beans and black pepper
You can swap potatoes with brown rice. The chicken needs to be grilled or steamed. No oil. No salt. No sugar. Nothing else is eaten during the pre-contest diet phase.
On top of the above,
- Cardio 45 mins after each workout
- Abs every other day
- 3-6 litres of water every day