The Lounge > Better Health >
15 positive diet steps to a healthier lifestyle
Live a longer, healthier life
- Eat one salad per day with 2-3 spoonfuls of olive oil.
- Reduce salt in your diet. Try not to put salt on your food and watch out for “sodium” on food labels.
- Drink 1 glass of water every hour.
- Men: eat and handful of sunflower seeds twice a day.
- Women: Eat live bio yoghurt twice a day.
- Add oregano powder to foods and sauces. This is a powerful anti-bacterial herb, great for cleansing the body.
- Eat onion or garlic once a day (as raw as possible) for benefits such as better blood circulation, fighting bacteria and a healthier heart.
- Don’t avoid foods which are not mainstream. Everything has a benefit: artichokes, beetroot, pomegranate, olives...
- If you are cold, drink a hot drink. If you are hot, drink a cold drink. They will balance out your body.
- If you feel tired and toxic and find yourself taking deep breaths every once in a while, drink a glass of water with a slice of lemon or lime (let it sit for 1 hour before drinking).
- Change your snacks to: walnuts, dried apricots, prunes and seeds.
- Eat an apple every day. Apples have many benefits from antioxidant, teeth-cleansing to digestive benefits.
- Drink orange juice every morning. If you feel itchy or irritable after drinking, switch to pineapple juice.
- Don’t speak whilst you eat. Speaking too much when you eat can make you swallow air - as do chopsticks!
- Chew ten times before you swallow. Don’t eat too fast.