The Lounge > Recipes >
High Protein Chicken Breast with a twist
Tasty and Healthy Chicken Breast
Here is a chicken breast recipe which is not only high in protein but also packed with flavour.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, no skin.
- Plain Flour, in a bowl, approx. 1 cup
- 1 egg, in a bowl, mixed with fork, 2 tablespoons water, add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 cups Breadcrumbs, in a bowl, mixed with herbs and pepper.
- Preheat oven 190C Fan Forced
Set up your bowls, as above…..
Bowl 1: Plain flour, season with salt and pepper (S&P)
Bowl 2: 1 egg Mix in water, add garlic powder (or crushed garlic)
Bowl 3: Breadcrumbs, herbs and S&P
- Flatten the thick part of your chicken breast in between cling film and gently bang with wooden roller or mullet.
- Now dip each breast, 1 at a time into flour, shake excess off then into egg wash, then crumb with the breadcrumbs, set aside on a plate.
- Grab a baking tray, line with baking paper, spray each side of the breast with canola cooking spray. Cook for 10 min, then pull out tray and turn over and cook a further 10 min. If you press the thickest part of the breast and it is firm it should be cooked.
- Plate up with coleslaw and lemon wedges (optional)