· 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 1 tablespoon canola oil
· 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced, divided
· 1/4 cup honey
· 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
· 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
· Minced fresh parsley, optional
1. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; cool slightly. With a paring knife, cut about sixteen 3-in.-deep slits in sides of roast; insert one apple slice into each slit.
2. Place half of the remaining apples in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Place roast over apples. Drizzle with honey; top with onion and remaining apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove pork and apple mixture; keep warm.
4. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with pork and apple mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve with veg.