Fat Loss- Surgery vs Fatstripper
With cosmetic surgery becoming more widely available, more people are opting for procedures such as liposuction to lose weight rather than the tried, tested and trusted ‘Diet, Exercise and Supplements’ combination. However in the interests of fairness, LA Muscle have decided to look at the pros and cons of each, comparing liposuction to the peoples favorite fat loss supplement, Fat Stripper.
Case Study: Liposuction
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery operation that is used to remove fat from specific areas of the body, common areas that are treated through liposuction are the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, neck and arms. The operation is performed under general or local anaesthesia and usually takes around 30-90 minutes (depending on the area being treated and the amount of fat being removed.)
£1,000 - £5,000
- Instant results
- You can remove fat from specific areas of the body (e.g. Legs, stomach…etc)
- No diet or training required
- This procedure doesn’t work for generalised fat loss (i.e. losing fat from all over the body)
- There is bruising and swelling, sometimes for as much as a month after the procedure
- There will be scarring
- Patients have to re-visit the doctor, weekly for up to a month afterwards
- The procedure is purely cosmetic, with no health benefits
- The patient usually has to remain inactive for a week post operation
Expected Fat Loss
The maximum amount of fat that can be safely removed in one operation is about 6 to 8 pounds (i.e. 3 - 4 litres) but it’s generally true that the more fat that is removed, the greater the chance of complications with the surgery.
Case Study: Fat Stripper
The supplement Fat Stripper contains:
- L- Carnitine a strong fat oxidizer and fat burner
- Choline which aids the liver in the breakdown of cholesterol
- Inositol to transport fat out of the body and lower ‘blood fats’ and cholesterol
- Betan - yet another strong fat burner and fat metaboliser
- Methionine which prevents excessive build up of fat in the liver
- Lastly it contains the powerful Chromium Piccolinate which controls blood sugar levels therefore helps stop cravings and ensures excess sugar goes into the muscles cells instead of fat cells.
- Fat Stripper is a lot cheaper (in comparison to surgery)
- It loses fat from all over the body
- There is no bruising, swelling or scarring
- The supplements fat loss benefits are accelerated when combined with a healthy diet and exercise regime, thus there are further health benefits associated with this fat loss method.
- Comparisons show, although not immediate, you can lose more fat with Fat Stripper and the effects last longer
- This fat loss method doesn’t lose fat from specific areas of the body (e.g. legs, stomach…etc)
Expected Fat Loss
This really is down to the individual since as aforementioned a good diet and exercise regime will accelerate the rate of fat loss; however LA Muscle’s very own Dr Zak Pallikaros (2006 Cyprus Grand Prix winner Heavyweight & Overall) lost 5 kilos of fat in 6 weeks prior to his contest, meaning he stepped onto stage at 88kg of pure muscle.