The Lounge > How To Build Muscle >
10 random muscle building secrets
Tips and hints to get you bigger and stronger
- If your arms are just not growing, stop training them! Concentrate on upping your bench press and your barbell rows to build bigger triceps and biceps.
- Too much ab work halts muscle development! If you want to get big and muscular, stick to ab work just once a week and keep it to a minimum.
- It’s best to build your slow twitch fibres first by doing heavy lifting and building a good foundation before going higher reps to work the fast twitch fibres.
- If you are stuck and nothing is working to get you big, try 3 weeks of just: Deadlifts, Clean and Jerk, Squats. Aim to lift bigger at every session. You will be a great deal bigger by the end of the 3rd week.
- Train with a training partner that’s bigger and stronger than you.
- Before every lift, picture your muscle building idol and imagine you are in their body doing the lift. Close your eyes and really imagine and believe before your lift. You can even keep your eyes closed if you are using machines!
- Lower all weights at ½ the speed you are currently doing. This slow lowering will get more muscles working and get you bigger.
- Cable crossovers are great for building and defining your chest. To target and build your inner pecs, make sure you contract fully and hold for 5 seconds.
- If it works, stick to it. If it is not working, change your routine.
- Up your steak intake for a week. Steak builds serious muscles!