This is a great fun recipe for a highly nutritious meal that has the feel of a cheat meal. You can easily add in a large range of fillings to satisfy anyone and everyone from the meat lovers to the vegetarians. It's high in protein and something the whole family will enjoy. Give it a try!
4 cooked, diced Chicken Breasts
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1.5 cup, diced Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup chopped Broccoli
1/4 cup (8 fl oz) Water
1 tbsp Honey
3 beaten Egg Whites
1/4 tsp Dry Yeast
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups warm water (make sure you water isn’t too hot otherwise it will kill your yeast)
1 tbsp splenda
2 1/4 tsp yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2-2 cups cheese (low-fat, your preferred type of cheese)
3/4 cup chopped chicken (cooked)
3/4 cup broccoli
1 egg white
few tablespoons water
1. To make your dough combine your water, sweetener, and yeast in a mixer or a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Add in your flour and oil and mix until your dough forms – your dough should not be sticky. Knead for a few minutes then oil your bowl, place your dough in the bowl, cover with a towel, and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour or until your dough doubles in size. Protip: To help my dough rise, I preheat my oven to 350 degrees F and place my bowl on top of the oven.
2. While your dough is rising, prepare your fillings. Slice your cheese, prepare your chicken, cook your veggies, etc. Set these aside.
3. Once your dough has risen, spray a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 425 degrees f. Roll out your dough on your cookie sheet then place your fillings in the middle of your dough
4. Fold up the ends of the dough so your fillings are completely enclosed (will resemble a very large burrito). With a sharp knife, cut your ‘burrito’ into equal pieces. Pinch the dough around the openings where you cut so your fillings are enclosed. Be sure to pinch the dough closed as best you can so your fillings don’t fall out when your hot pockets are baking.
5. Place your hot pockets a couple inches away from each other so they have room to expand in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. For a ‘shiny’ finish on top, combine an egg white and a few tablespoons water in a small bowl and brush on the tops of your hot pockets at the 10 minute mark.
Makes 8 hot pockets
Nutritional Info (per hot pocket)
Calories - 105kcal
Protein - 15g
Carbs - 12g
Fat - 2g
THE INTERVIEW! #fridayviral by #lamuscle. Please #doubletap and #share if you like. Click #YouTube link in profile for full version plus #funny #outtakes. Enjoy! #viral#virals#funny#funniest#lamuscle#viralvideo#viralvideos#instavideo#instavideos#funnyvideo#funnyvideos#instafun#videooftheday @la_muscle #wild#insane#stupid#bizarre