• 14g dark brown soft sugar
• 45ml hoisin sauce
• 220g wild rice, cooked
• 20ml groundnut oil, divided
• 1/2 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
• 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillet – diced
1. In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce and brown sugar and set aside.
2. Prepare rice OR reheat cooked rice and keep warm.
3. Heat wok over medium high heat.
4. When hot, drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil around the rim.
5. Stir-fry asparagus for approximately 2 minutes.
6. Remove from the wok and keep warm.
7. Heat wok to high heat.
8. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and the chicken pieces and stir fry until the chicken is no longer pink.
9. Add the reserved asparagus and hoisin/sugar sauce and stir-fry all together until pieces are coated with sauce. Serve over the hot rice.