The Lounge > Recipes >
Turkey Breast Tenderloins with Vegetables
Roasted High Protein Turkey Breast Tenderloins with Vegetables
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby carrots
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 turkey breast tenderloins (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Two large sweet potatoes
- Cranberry sauce- Optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mixture; toss with vegetables. Transfer to a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub oil over turkey; sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Move vegetables to edges of pan; place turkey in the centre. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170° and vegetables are tender.
- Cut sweet potatoes into ‘potato steaks’, Sprinkle with a little coarse salt, and olive oil. Roast in a ceramic roasting pan or casserole dish, covered, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Save half of turkey for Buffalo Turkey with Linguine (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Remove remaining turkey and vegetables to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey and vegetables. Add Cranberry sauce on the side for extra flavour.
Yield: 4 servings plus 16 ounces cooked turkey breast tenderloins.