• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
• 1 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet or a rolling pin, to tenderize the meat and ensure uniform thickness.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken and let sit for 15 minutes or so.
3. Heat a skillet over med-high heat, and add olive oil.
4. When pan is sufficiently heated, sear chicken breasts over high heat.
5. Allow about 2 minutes (until lightly browned) before turning to other side.
7. Serving suggestions: Serve this over pasta, or as chicken sandwich with fresh tomatoes and lettuce.